We categorize the resources under each of the following headings:
- Mental Health Review Board – Legislation, Rules and Forms
- British Columbia Health Authorities – Websites
- Administrative Justice and Related Information – Organizations, Programs, and Guide
- Other Legislation – Legislation that may be of interest to you
- Other Jurisdictions – Mental health in other jurisdictions
The Mental Health Review Board has decided to publish a sample of decisions that are useful in understanding the legal test and important parts of a fair hearing process. Since our hearings are private, these decisions have been anonymized. We have included helpful legal analysis or reasoning in a decision, but have redacted the original decision to ensure privacy. This means that we have not published personal details of the parties or witnesses which might identify them in their community. We have also removed references to specific city names, hospital names, physicians’ names, and sometimes even heavily edited the details of medical history. We have left intact, what seems to be the most important parts of the decisions, namely, their legal analysis and reasoning, or how the panel dealt with interesting procedural issues involving disclosure and other hearing matters.